Categories

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mama Finito le VW Bug Cake Topper.....parle l'anglais?

OK, so I realise that my foreign language skills are none too good n' stuff, but guess what I FINISHED THE CAKE TOPPER and I have never been so proud of myself over accomplishing something in my life, apart from creating an awesomely beautiful baby, this comes next haha.

I put on the finishing touches and finished it off nicely. I am surprised how good it looks, even if I do say so myself. I don't even worry about the fact that you an see the rice bubbles through the gum paste and think its looks rustic, like it should.
I'm also proud of the fact that it all came from memory, no model of a car sitting in front of me. The only thing I did look at was the logo and how the VW was drawn so I could make the hub caps look good.

Wow, I like it. I hope my Nana does too!

Today I am designing a wedding album for a photographer I work for, and then I am making the delicious chocolate mud cake and ganache for the icing. They will sit in the fridge over night before I ice and put fondant over them tomorrow and do the best part, assembly.

I made the fondant last night, there is something so satisfying about making everything from scratch. For me I feel like its more of an accomplishment that buying pre-made things from the cake shop. Not that there's anything wrong with it, in fact, most people would be impressed that you bothered to do anything at all, but for me, making things from scratch makes me feel good, and that is passed on to the consumer...my family.

Can't wait to see the finished product. Need to go and buy some matching candles as well which I totally forgot about.

till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment